Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Ain't No Mountain High Enough...

"In my distress I called to the Lord, and he answered me.  From the depths of the grave I called for help, and you listened to my cry." -Jonah 2:2

What keeps you from asking God for help? Shame? Remorse? Do you think you've gotten yourself into the mess your in and you have to fix it yourself?  Jonah completely rebelled against God.  Think about it.  God told him, "Go to Nineveh" and Jonah bought a one-way ticket the opposite direction.  You know the story. God sent a storm, Jonah was thrown overboard and a big fish swallowed him whole.  Yet inspite of all the things Jonah did wrong, he did one thing right.  In the midst of the whale, in the midst of his failure, he called on God.  And God heard him!  I don't know if this encourages you, but it does me.  I have often been reluctant to ask God for help becuase I felt I made the mess so I should be the one to clean it up.  Jonah encourages me to ask God for help even in the problems I have created.  Try it!  You will be surprised to find out how willing God is to help.  In fact, there is very old, spiritual hymn that says it best...enjoy:)

No comments:

Post a Comment